If you’d like to know more, please see below. You can email your resume to William Leara and reference job requisition #15000H2C.
Join Dell and you'll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. Our unique position as a technology leader ensures that you'll always be challenged in your work and supported in reaching your most ambitious goals. We are looking for world class developers that can lead and drive our teams forward quickly while maintaining a high level of engineering rigor and discipline.
As a platform software engineer, you'll work with an experienced team of engineers to develop BIOS and/or firmware/software for next generation tablet, notebook, workstation, and desktop products to drive industry leading IP / feature development. You'll apply skills and experience across the full cycle of software development (specifications, reviews, development and review, debug and validation) to enable features and capabilities of platforms in areas like thermal, power management, security, manageability, manufacturability and configurability.
Our team is part of the End User Computing organization and it is a critical area of investment for differentiation of our products. We deliver solutions and features for platforms across the business client space as well as some select consumer space products.
- 5-7 years experience in BIOS / firmware SW development
- Technical problem solving skills / debug capabilities
- Low level programming capability - system/motherboard/device/chipset level
- Familiarity with higher level programming (apps / tools)
- Agile software development experience
- Experience with analyzers and other HW tools to debug complex system SW issues
- UEFI Programming expertise is strongly desired
- Expertise with Intel / AMD system architectures
- Experience working with Industry forums for spec development like UEFI, DMTF, PCI Sig, ACPI, etc...
- Ability to take ideas from concept phase to delivery. This includes creating design docs, scoping design and requirements, detailed spec creation, Proof of Concept design and implementation/productizing
- Ability to distill complex concepts into material marketing and non-technical teams can understand
- Work cross teams and organizations to drive champion ideas and gain alignment
- Willingness and the ability to take ownership of overall UEFI platform design throughout the platform lifecycle
- Proven track record is product development/design with strong Program Management skillset is a must