The UEFI Forum, (the people who run UEFI.org) has launched a new electronic mailing list called the FW/OS Forum.
This service uses the GNU Mailman system to provide BIOS developers a way of collaborating on OS integration issues. After signing up for the Forum, you’ll be able to exchange email with other list members working on BIOS and OS integration issues. There is no fee for this service.
The announcement from Michael Krau of the UEFI Forum:
As UEFI firmware use expands, developers logically come across common issues relating to OS integration. The UEFI Forum now supports those developers with the new FW/OS Forum, a free public forum where such issues can be raised and collaboratively solved.
This centralized resource for troubleshooting firmware integration challenges is open to both UEFI members and non-members alike.
We invite you to join as well as share this resource with colleagues who may find it of value. Please visit our dedicated site page for more information.
Signing up for the FW/OS Forum is a quick two step process.
Step 1: Create an account by filling out your email address, name, and a password
Go to the subscription page and fill out the section that looks like:
You can return to this page at any time to unsubscribe. After filling out the information you’ll see a dialog like:
Now you just need to look in your email for the confirmation email. Mine arrived immediately.
Step 2: Confirm you really meant to subscribe
Click the link in the confirmation email and you’ll see a dialog like this:
Click to confirm that you really want to subscribe, and you’re a member! To send mail to all list members, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Configuring GNU Mailman
The GNU Mailman service has many options to allow you to configure your account and how’ll you interact with the FW/OS Forum. Examples:
- Mail delivery
- Set this option to Enabled to receive messages posted to this mailing list. Set it to Disabled if you want to stay subscribed, but don't want mail delivered
- Set Digest Mode
- If you turn digest mode on, you'll get posts bundled together (usually one per day but possibly more on busy lists), instead of singly when they're sent
- Get MIMI or Plain Text Digests?
- Your mail reader may or may not support MIME digests
- Receive your own posts to the list?
- Conceal yourself from subscriber list?
- When someone views the list membership, your email address is normally shown (in an obscured fashion to thwart spam harvesters). If you do not want your email address to show up on this membership roster at all, select Yes for this option
- … and several other minor options
The FW/OS Forum has just been launched, and so there is little activity as of right now. There is a link to the Forum’s archives, and as of this writing there are only two posts:
- An issue with the DS-5 debugger and AARCH64
- Accessing a TPM from a UEFI Application
Anyway, it will be interesting to see how this new resource matures. Bookmark the home page for future reference: